How can technology improve Association Member engagement?
Among the things Association Members expect from their membership are opportunities for:
Associations can support these opportunities with strategically deployed technology tools.
A foundational part is a Member database and accompanying CRM (Customer Relationship Management System.) This database has information about current and prospective Members. From here, all administrative and marketing functions can draw from a single source of truth. For example, all email marketing campaigns depend on this database. This is key factor in answering the question of how can technology improve Association Member engagement.
Networking is all about connecting and communicating. Associations can provide technology tools to support both of these.
- Connections – Establishing an online directory (based on the Member database) helps Members to know who belongs to the Association. It should be like a mini-LinkedIn available only to Members, which they can use to connect with individuals with similar interests.
- Communication – Providing Members with an exclusive messaging system allows them to communicate once a connection is established.
Members seek to learn more about their profession or the Association’s Mission. In doing so, they enhance their careers or understand more deeply the issues championed by the organization. Technology can support education in several ways.
- Event Management – Technology tools can streamline event management, with the result being higher-quality events. This leads to higher event attendee satisfaction both for Members and non-members. High-quality events are more likely to result in non-member attendees joining the organization.
- Online Meeting Integration – In the age of COVID, virtual events have become the only way some Associations hold their events. Event software that integrates with such virtual meeting technology as Zoom and WebEx makes planning and staging such events much more efficient.
- Feedback – Associations want to know if their events and other programming meet Members’ expectations. Survey and feedback technology that integrates with the Member directory and event management software quickly and efficiently gathers opinion and satisfaction data to support improved decision making.
Members want to contribute service to the organization. They also want to feel their service efforts are effective. Technology can assist in making this a reality.
- Volunteer Management – Efficient Volunteer Management not only helps in meeting service project objectives. It also gives Members a sense that their service was appropriately managed to make the greatest impact
- Collaboration – Whether through effective management of committees, projects or individual tasks, technology can support the Association in successfully completing its day-to-day operations.
Associations that deploy appropriate technology to support key processes can expect to see improvements in Member engagement.
Rather than just investing in IT tools and resources, consider investing in “Service Experts” that work directly with you in effectively deploying tools to achieve your Mission.
To learn more, check out the Affnetz website at https://affnetz.com/ or feel free to connect with us at [email protected]